CisteCaise (MTS profile)
Nope, I’m not a nun; this is a photo from a series of promo shots for a play I recently finished.
I’m 26 years old and currently working towards a Master’s Degree in Archaeology with a concentration in Heritage Studies. Still chugging away with the substitute teaching while not in classes.*
My little guy is now 6 years old and in 1st Grade, so I’m feeling very old (this isn’t helped when my students tend to guess that I’m in my 30s or when I realize that the freshmen at my University were born in the 1990s!). Get off my lawn! will probably be my mantra by the end of the year.
- Yeah, so I’m not feeling the whole “Academia” thing anymore. Time to find a new angle. :sigh:
favourite tv show
Mad Men, True Blood, Black Adder, Ducktales, Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog, Psych, Invader Zim, Berserk, Big Love
notable events in 2009
- Tried (once again) dipping my toes back into the murky waters of the theatre…
- Realized that Ivory Tower Academia is definitely NOT for me…
- Got sucked into being a Den Momma for my son’s Cub Scout Den…
- Working on a sewing project for the Henry B. Plant Museum in Tampa
- Was accepted for the Walt Disney World College Program Spring 2010 for Attractions!
“Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.” – Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn. [In his house at R’lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming.]”
H.P. Lovecraft – “The Call of Cthulhu”